In this chapter you will
• Examine how to design security into an application using core security concepts
• Learn the roles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability with respect to designing in information security principles
• Explore designing in security elements using authentication, authorization, and auditing
• Explore how to use secure design principles to improve application security
• Learn how interconnectivity provides opportunities to design in security elements
Designing an application is the beginning ...