Digital Video Design
In this chapter, you will learn about
• Frame rates and resolution
• 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4K, and other video formats
• Signal properties and uses of Serial Digital Interface, High-Definition Multimedia Interface, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, Universal Serial Bus 3.0, and Mobile-High Definition Link
• The purpose and method of DisplayID/Extended Display Information Data communication and designing video systems that account for Extended Display Information Data issues
• Managing High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection keys in a digital video system
These days (and for the foreseeable future), video systems are digital. Because of this, AV designers need to be familiar with common digital video signal types ...