Learn tricks to help cultivate your tech company
Where can you get salient advice to help your tech company succeed? At O’Reilly’s Cultivate event in New York, leaders from eight technology-based firms shared stories and strategies for putting together teams and companies. This complete video compilation lets capture every moment from this inspiring one-day gathering, held in October 2013.
Executives including Tim O’Reilly, Elaine Wherry (meebo), and Kate Matsudaira (popforms) offered attendees a concentrated dose of wisdom, camaraderie, and practical tools for crafting the right technology strategy, growing an exceptional team, and creating processes that work—things that technical leaders need to know about people, business, and technology.
Download these videos or stream them through our HD player, and tune into presentations including:
- How I Failed—Tim O’Reilly (O’Reilly Media): You can build a successful business, but fail to cultivate your company culture.
- Cracking the Culture Code—Elaine Wherry (meebo): Learn how highly strategic cultural thinking ultimately makes or breaks every company.
- What *Do* You Do All Day?—Kate Matsudaira (popforms): To let your team do what they’re good at, give them the tools and trust they need.
- Living with Complete Email Transparency—Patrick Collison (Stripe): Learn how making all email communication accessible to any employee has affected company culture.
- How to Create a Culture of Shipping Product Continuously—Hiten Shah (CrazyEgg / KISSmetrics): Create a culture of shipping product continuously without compromising your company values.
- Leading from First Principles—Scott Chacon (GitHub): Approach business decisions based on what you want to accomplish, not on what other companies have done.
- Leveraging Logic as a Leader—Patty McCord (Patty McCord Consulting): Understand the tenants of a high performance culture of innovation.
- I Hate Meetings—Michael Lopp (Palantir Technologies): Meetings are often wielded as a means of control and not a mechanism for clear communication.
Table of contents
- Opening Remarks - Kate Matsudaira and Eli Goodman
- How I Failed - Tim O'Reilly
- Cracking the Culture Code - Elaine Wherry
- What *Do* You Do All Day? - Kate Matsudaira
- How to Create a Culture of Shipping Product Continuously - Hiten Shah
- Leading from First Principles - Scott Chacon
- Leveraging Logic as a Leader - Patty McCord
- I Hate Meetings - Michael Lopp
- Title: Cultivate Conference 2013: Video Compilation
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920032649
You might also like
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
O'Reilly Velocity Conference 2019 - Berlin, Germany
O'Reilly Velocity Conferences are devoted to providing its international audience of SREs, app developers, DevOps practitioners, …
Velocity Conference - New York, NY 2018
What was Velocity New York October 2018? It was four days devoted to web operations, distributed …