VoIP Operation and Protocols
THE FOLLOWING CVOICE EXAM OBJECTIVES ARE COVERED IN THIS CHAPTER:
- Describe the basic operation and components involved in a VoIP call.
- Describe VoIP call flows.
- Describe RTP, RTCP, cRTP, and sRTP.
- Describe H.323.
- Describe MGCP.
- Describe Skinny Call Control Protocol.
- Describe SIP.
- Identify the appropriate gateway signaling protocol for a given scenario.
The last chapter covered the process of taking an analog signal and processing it so it can be transported over digital circuits. This process gets us one step closer to Voice over IP. Because voice packets are already in a digital format, all we have to ...