CHAPTER 15Wireless Network Attacks
In this chapter, you will
• Explore the security issues in common with wired networks
• Learn about the basic attacks used against wireless networks
• Understand advanced attack methods
• Use a protocol analyzer to evaluate a wireless network
• Explore vulnerabilities on public access networks
Securing a wireless network is a primary concern for the wireless administrator. Wireless networks introduce new threats against which we must defend. Wired and wireless networks also have shared security concerns. For this reason, I’ll begin this chapter by addressing general security concerns that apply equally to wired or wireless networks. Next, we’ll explore basic attacks that can be performed by following instructions ...