When anyone thinks about a recent event or tries to remember a historical incident in context, it is very difficult. We have provided this timeline of some of the significant events that have shaped or impacted cybersecurity to help you understand the relationship of what has happened.
• 1912 Radio Act Regulates private communications
• 1945 Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper discovers a moth trapped between relays in a Navy computer. She calls it a “bug,” a term used since the late nineteenth century to refer to problems with electrical devices.
• 1946 ENIAC was the first general-purpose computer
• 1960 AT&T introduces its Dataphone, the first commercial modem
• 1962 First computer game invented—Spacewar Computer Game ...