The first complete framework for integrating offline and online marketing!
Step-by-step processes for reengineering any brand!
Achieving true synergies between online and offline brands
Includes interviews with the world's leading Internet branding executives
The Internet has changed all the business rules you live by–especially the rules for branding your products, services, and organization. Cyberbranding doesn't merely show you how the rules have changed: it presents a complete framework for branding that works now–and for years to come. Drawing on her extensive experience as a marketing consultant–and on interviews with many of the world's leading Internet branding executives–Deirdre Breakenridge answers these and other crucial questions:
How do you move your brand online without compromising the values it already holds in the "real" world?
How can you re-engineer an existing brand in the wake of the Internet revolution?
How can you create a new brand that leverages the full power of the Web?
The Internet. It isn't easy money. It isn't an excuse to forget the fundamentals. But for marketers willing to work hard, and work intelligently, it is the brand-building opportunity of a lifetime.
In Cyberbranding, Deirdre Breakenridge shows how to use the Internet to build brands–and customer relationships–of remarkable depth and power. Drawing on the Internet's most impressive success stories–and its cautionary tales of disaster–she shows how to:
Develop the vision of your online brand
Identify your true online audience
Persuade your customers by empowering them
Personalize without becoming intrusive
Make the most of online and offline research
Use the much-maligned banner ad as a key branding tool
Integrate Internet-based and off-line branding activities
Appeal more effectively to today's multi-tasking consumer
Draw the repeat traffic you're looking for
Create affiliate marketing programs that work
With Cyberbranding you can master lessons others spent billions to learn-and build 21st century brands worth billions to own.
Whether you're a business leader, strategist, marketing professional, or public relations specialist, Cyberbranding gives you an action plan for strengthening your brand online and off–and leveraging it for maximum competitive advantage.
"Finally, a book that covers all the important aspects of Internet marketing!"
–Chuck Riegel, EVP Worldwide Marketing, Cybercash
From the Foreword:
"...Smart CyberBranding is not about building the next Amazon or Yahoo or eBay... The new phase of the Internet revolution is about how businesses–often derisively referred to as "old economy" companies–take advantage of the new medium to vastly improve their bottom lines. And Breakenridge has done her part to point them in the right direction."
–Thomas J. DeLoughry, Former Executive Editor, Internet World
Table of contents
- Financial Times Prentice Hall Books
What the Marketer Needs to Know
The Power of Branding
- A Quick Branding Story—Yahoo!
- Another Speedy Brand—Amazon.com
- The Historical Brand Promise
- Brands That Evolve to Stand the Test of Time
- Brands Influence Our Behavior
- Brands with No Boundaries
- Global Brands and Cultural Issues
- Summing Up the Ingredients for the Global Brand
- Wall Street Endorses Branding
- Brands and Technology Evolve Together
Making the Transition to the Internet
- A Transition to Support the Brand
- The Ongoing Battle Over Internet Commitment
- Growing Statistics Reinforce the Commitment
- Devoting Dollars to the Internet
- The Internet is a Powerful Piece of the Branding Campaign
- Industries Taking the Plunge
- Internet Issues Turn Into Internet Opportunities
- The Smooth Transition of the Brand
- The Impact of the Internet on the Brand
- The Emergence of the Cyberbrand
Using Technology Properly to Cyberbrand
- Cyberbranding Trial and Error of the 1990S
- Misconception Number 1: With the Internet, There’s a Worldwide Audience.
- Misconception Number 2: Having a 24/7 Web Site Allows a Company to Pay Less Attention to Consumer Needs.
- Misconception Number 3: Launching a Site Means Web Surfers Will Find It.
- Misconception Number 4: The Web Creates an Equal Opportunity for the Little Guy to Compete with the Giants of the Industry.
- Misconception Number 5: Powerful Graphics are the Key to a “Killer” Web Site.
- The Simple Cyberlessons Learned
Web Site Design to Enhance the Cyberbrand
- A Web Site is not About a Company
- Number 1: Ease-of-Use Principle
- Number 2: Provide Up-to-date Information
- Number 3: Faster Than a Speeding Bullet . . . The Importance of a Fast Download
- Number 4: Using Attractive Design Consistent with Company Image and Audience Appeal
- Number 5: Providing the Right Content
- Cyber Do’s
- The Power of Branding
Impacting Audiences with the Cybervision
- Start with the Organization and the Cyberbrand Vision
- Empowered Online Audiences
- Cyberstrategies to Optimize Audience Response
- Persuasion in Cyberspace
Market Research for Effective Cyberbranding
- Traditional Research Aids in Cyberspace
- Online Research—Leave It Up to the Technology Experts
- The System of Web Tracking Analysis
- Ethics on the Internet
Cybermarketing to Enhance the Brand
- Changing Market Landscapes
- Banner Ad Sustenance in Cyberspace
- Affiliate Marketing for the Future
- Driving Traffic on the Cyberhighway
Cyber Public Relations—The Credible Online Endorsement
- Public Relations—Is There Room for Tradition in Cyberspace?
- PR Cybertools for Cyberspeed
- Relationship-Building Tactics with the Media
- Best PR Practices
- Cyberbranding—Beyond Trial and Tribulation
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
- Title: Cyberbranding: Brand Building in the Digital Economy
- Release date: May 2001
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780130897107
You might also like
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
SAP® MM Questions and Answers
Designed for SAP users as a quick reference or for computer science and business students, SAP …
Operations Management: An Integrated Approach, 5th Edition
The 5th edition of Operations Management continues to incorporate more of a business/qualitative focus with less …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …