This book will teach you the concepts, skills, and tools you need to survive and thrive in today's threat-ridden and target-rich cyber environment.
Who This Book Is For
The book is written for several core audiences:
- Cybersecurity graduate and undergraduate students learning core curriculum in network security
- Cybersecurity practitioners expanding their expertise in deep skills such as advanced log analysis and network programming
- Enterprise architects and information technology (IT) professionals who seek to deepen their practical knowledge of cybersecurity
What This Book Covers
Instead of the usual textbook formalities, this book focuses on practical, useful real-world skills for the protection of networks, systems, and data against innovative cyber threats.
This book is written to provide practical, advanced, undergraduate-level network security expertise. U.S. requirements for this level of expertise are clearly articulated by academic and industry members of CyberWatchCenter.org, one of the organizations in charge of the U.S. Comprehensive National Cyber Security Initiative (CNCI) #8 on cybersecurity education. The table of contents in this book derives from the consensus of the cyber industry and two- and four-year college cyber faculty.
How This Book Is Structured
This book is organized in parts:
- Part I: Cyber Network Security Concepts
- Part II: Cyber Network Security Hands-On
- Part III: Cyber Network Application Domains
Part I is a conceptual discourse. From ...