Explore the principles and practicalities of quantum computing
- Discover how quantum computing works and delve into the math behind it with this quantum computing textbook
- Learn how it may become the most important new computer technology of the century
- Explore the inner workings of quantum computing technology to quickly process complex cloud data and solve problems
Quantum computing is making us change the way we think about computers. Quantum bits, a.k.a. qubits, can make it possible to solve problems that would otherwise be intractable with current computing technology.
Dancing with Qubits is a quantum computing textbook that starts with an overview of why quantum computing is so different from classical computing and describes several industry use cases where it can have a major impact. From there it moves on to a fuller description of classical computing and the mathematical underpinnings necessary to understand such concepts as superposition, entanglement, and interference. Next up is circuits and algorithms, both basic and more sophisticated. It then nicely moves on to provide a survey of the physics and engineering ideas behind how quantum computing hardware is built. Finally, the book looks to the future and gives you guidance on understanding how further developments will affect you.
Really understanding quantum computing requires a lot of math, and this book doesn't shy away from the necessary math concepts you'll need. Each topic is introduced and explained thoroughly, in clear English with helpful examples.
What you will learn
- See how quantum computing works, delve into the math behind it, what makes it different, and why it is so powerful with this quantum computing textbook
- Discover the complex, mind-bending mechanics that underpin quantum systems
- Understand the necessary concepts behind classical and quantum computing
- Refresh and extend your grasp of essential mathematics, computing, and quantum theory
- Explore the main applications of quantum computing to the fields of scientific computing, AI, and elsewhere
- Examine a detailed overview of qubits, quantum circuits, and quantum algorithm
Who this book is for
Dancing with Qubits is a quantum computing textbook for those who want to deeply explore the inner workings of quantum computing. This entails some sophisticated mathematical exposition and is therefore best suited for those with a healthy interest in mathematics, physics, engineering, and computer science.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- 1 Why Quantum Computing?
- 2 They’re Not Old, They’re Classics
- 3 More Numbers than You Can Imagine
- 4 Planes and Circles and Spheres, Oh My
- 5 Dimensions
- 6 What Do You Mean ‘‘Probably’’?
- 7 One Qubit
- 8 Two Qubits, Three
- 9 Wiring Up the Circuits
- 10 From Circuits to Algorithms
- 11 Getting Physical
- 12 Questions about the Future
- Appendix A Quick Reference
- Appendix B Symbols
- Appendix C Notices
- Appendix D Production Notes
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Dancing with Qubits
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838827366
You might also like
The Self-Taught Computer Scientist
The Self-Taught Computer Scientist is Cory Althoff's follow-up to The Self-Taught Programmer, which inspired hundreds of …
Quantum Computing in Action
Quantum Computing in Action is a gentle introduction to the ideas and applications of quantum computing. …
Real-World Cryptography teaches practical techniques for day-to-day work as a developer, sysadmin, or security practitioner. There’s …
GPEN GIAC Certified Penetration Tester All-in-One Exam Guide
This effective study guide provides 100% coverage of every topic on the GPEN GIAC Penetration Tester …