IndexedDB was introduced by Oracle and became popular very quickly. It's a Not Only SQL (NoSQL) database. The IndexedDB API is a more capable and far more complex API. IndexedDB has the following significant benefits:
- It improves the responsiveness and speed of web programs by minimizing the number of HTTP requests
- It provides more space for data without Web Storage limits
- It provides the ability to work offline
- It allows fast indexing, object searching, and granular locking per transaction
- It supports synchronous and asynchronous APIs
One of the major disadvantages can be the difficulty in understanding it if you are coming from the world of rational databases. In IndexedDB, ...