Make informed decisions using data analytics, machine learning, and data visualizations
- Take raw data and transform it to add value to your organization
- Learn the art of telling stories with your data to engage with your audience
- Apply machine learning algorithms to your data with a few clicks of a button
Data analytics has become a necessity in modern business, and skills such as data visualization, machine learning, and digital storytelling are now essential in every field. If you want to make sense of your data and add value with informed decisions, this is the book for you.
Data Analytics Made Easy is an accessible guide to help you start analyzing data and quickly apply these skills to your work. It focuses on how to generate insights from your data at the click of a few buttons, using the popular tools KNIME and Microsoft Power BI.
The book introduces the concepts of data analytics and shows you how to get your data ready and apply machine learning algorithms. Implement a complete predictive analytics solution with KNIME and assess its level of accuracy. Create impressive visualizations with Microsoft Power BI and learn the greatest secret in successful analytics – how to tell a story with your data. You'll connect the dots on the various stages of the data-to-insights process and gain an overview of alternative tools, including Tableau and H20 Driverless AI.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to implement machine learning algorithms and sell the results to your customers without writing a line of code.
What you will learn
- Understand the potential of data and its impact on any business
- Influence business decisions with effective data storytelling when delivering insights
- Use KNIME to import, clean, transform, combine data feeds, and automate recurring workflows
- Learn the basics of machine learning and AutoML to add value to your organization
- Build, test, and validate simple supervised and unsupervised machine learning models with KNIME
- Use Power BI and Tableau to build professional-looking and business-centric visuals and dashboards
Who this book is for
Whether you are working with data experts or want to find insights in your business' data, you'll find this book an effective way to add analytics to your skill stack.
No previous math, statistics, or computer science knowledge is required.
Table of contents
- What is Data Analytics?
- Getting Started with KNIME
- Modeling your data
- Combining tables
- Aggregating values
- Tutorial: Sales report automation
What is Machine Learning?
- Introducing artificial intelligence and machine learning
- The machine learning way
- Three types of learning algorithms
- Evaluating performance
Applying Machine Learning at Work
- Predicting numbers through regressions
- Anticipating preferences with classification
- Segmenting consumers with clustering
- Getting Started with Power BI
- Visualizing Data Effectively
Telling Stories with Data
- The art of persuading others
- The power of telling stories
- The data storytelling process
- Extending Your Toolbox
- And now?
- Useful Resources
- Other Books You May Enjoy
- Title: Data Analytics Made Easy
- Release date: August 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781801074155
You might also like
Python for Finance, 2nd Edition
The financial industry has recently adopted Python at a tremendous rate, with some of the largest …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Programming Machine Learning
You've decided to tackle machine learning - because you're job hunting, embarking on a new project, …
Essential Algorithms, 2nd Edition
A friendly introduction to the most useful algorithms written in simple, intuitive English The revised and …