This chapter covers the following topics:
• The need for a secure Data Center
• Security vulnerabilities and common attacks
• The Data Center network security infrastructure
• Fundamental security concepts
• A framework for applying security in the Data Center
This chapter provides an overview of the typical security issues that affect Data Centers and presents the general guidelines to secure a Data Center in a systematic manner that helps maintain an adequate security level as the Data Center evolves. This chapter also discusses the importance of security policies, secure management, incident response, and attack mitigation.
Data Centers are key components of enterprise ...