This chapter covers the following topics:
• Symmetric cryptography: Data Encryption Standard (DES), Triple DES (3DES), Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), and Rivest’s Ciphers (RC2, RC4, RC5, and RC6)
• Asymmetric cryptography: Rivest, Shamir, and Adleman (RSA); Directory System Agent/Digital Signature Standard (DSA/DSS); and Diffie-Hellman (D-H)
• Hashing algorithms: Message Digest 2 (MD2), MD4, MD5, and Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA)
• Public-key infrastructure (PKI) concepts: standards, key generation, digital certificates, and certificate authorities (CAs)
• PKI deployment, including CA deployment options, chained certificates, enrollment, and revocation
• Transport security, including IP Security ...