4. Working with Mobile Devices
Although the world of mobile devices has been expanding over the last few years, a pattern is taking shape. That pattern is centered around four types of devices:
• Laptops of various screen sizes
• Netbooks, which generally have smaller screen sizes than laptops
• Tablet computers, such as iPad
• Smartphones, such as iPhone
Laptops and netbooks generally have keyboards built into them; tablet computers and smartphones might have small keyboards, onscreen keyboards, or the ability to connect wireless keyboards to them. Many (including iPad and iPhone) have several of these options.
The combination ...