Build your own data driven automation testing framework for web and mobile with Selenium WebDriver, Java, and TestNg
About This Video
- Get to know about data-driven Cucumber-JVM tests
- Understand the benefits that the right design patterns can offer to your toolkit
- Design a Selenium Grid to enable faster and parallel running of tests, increasing test coverage, and reducing test execution time
Selenium is one of the most popular engines for UI test automation. It is available for many different programming languages. At the same time, the data-driven approach is one of the most popular approaches for optimizing tests, making them compact, and easily extensible just by adding some new data.
In this course, you’ll practice the data-driven approach using Selenium, Java, and TestNG/JUnit. We’ll start with basic samples and then go through the major steps to abstract application pages using a page object model. After that, we’ll exercise different ways to make our tests data-driven.
We’ll start with basic out of the box abilities and then practice more complicated samples to operate with external data from Excel, databases, Spring injection, and more. We’ll go through various improvements to make tests run in parallel. In particular, we’ll explore different options to run data-driven tests in parallel.
At the end, you’ll discover the good practices when testing framework designs. You’ll also get a deep understanding of the data-driven approach and various ways to apply it to our tests.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction and Setup
- Chapter 2 : Adding Page Objects
- Chapter 3 : Data-Drive Tests
- Chapter 4 : Advanced Data-Driven Implementations
- Chapter 5 : Parallelize Tests
- Title: Data-Driven Testing in Selenium
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788476430