What are the emerging trends and technologies that will transform the data landscape in coming months? In this report from Strata + Hadoop World co-chair Alistair Croll, you'll learn how the ubiquity of cheap sensors, fast networks, and distributed computing have given rise to several developments that will soon have a profound effect on individuals and society as a whole.
Machine learning, for example, has quickly moved from lab tool to hosted, pay-as-you-go services in the cloud. Those services, in turn, are leading to predictive apps that will provide individuals with the right functionality and content at the right time by continuously learning about them and predicting what they'll need. Computational power can produce cognitive augmentation.
Report topics include:
- The swing between centralized and distributed computing
- Machine learning as a service
- Personal digital assistants and cognitive augmentation
- Graph databases and analytics
- Regulating complex algorithms
- The pace of real-time data and automation
- Solving dire problems with big data
- Implications of having sensors everywhere
This report contains many more examples of how big data is starting to reshape business and change behavior, and it's just a small sample of the in-depth information Strata + Hadoop World provides. Pick up this report and make plans to attend one of several Strata + Hadoop World conferences in the San Francisco Bay Area, London, and New York.
Table of contents
- Strata Ad
- 1. Cheap Sensors, Fast Networks, and Distributed Computing
- 2. Computational Power and Cognitive Augmentation
- 3. The Maturing Marketplace
- 4. The Promise and Problems of Big Data
- Title: Data: Emerging Trends and Technologies
- Release date: February 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491920725
You might also like
The Self-Service Data Roadmap
Data-driven insights are a key competitive advantage for any industry today, but deriving insights from raw …
Radar Trends to Watch: September 2023
Read about the latest developments on O'Reilly Media's Radar.
Technology Trends for 2023
In this report, we look at the data generated by the O'Reilly online learning platform to …
The Software Architect Elevator
As the digital economy changes the rules of the game for enterprises, the role of software …