A dream come true for those looking to improve their data fluency
Analytical data is a powerful tool for growing companies, but what good is it if it hides in the shadows? Bring your data to the forefront with effective visualization and communication approaches, and let Data Fluency: Empowering Your Organization with Effective Communication show you the best tools and strategies for getting the job done right. Learn the best practices of data presentation and the ways that reporting and dashboards can help organizations effectively gauge performance, identify areas for improvement, and communicate results.
Topics covered in the book include data reporting and communication, audience and user needs, data presentation tools, layout and styling, and common design failures. Those responsible for analytics, reporting, or BI implementation will find a refreshing take on data and visualization in this resource, as will report, data visualization, and dashboard designers.
Conquer the challenge of making valuable data approachable and easy to understand
Develop unique skills required to shape data to the needs of different audiences
Full color book links to bonus content at juiceanalytics.com
Written by well-known and highly esteemed authors in the data presentation community
Data Fluency: Empowering Your Organization with Effective Communication focuses on user experience, making reports approachable, and presenting data in a compelling, inspiring way. The book helps to dissolve the disconnect between your data and those who might use it and can help make an impact on the people who are most affected by data. Use Data Fluency today to develop the skills necessary to turn data into effective displays for decision-making.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Last Mile Problem
- Chapter 2: The Data Fluency Framework
- Chapter 3: How Organizations Struggle with Data Fluency
- Chapter 4: A Consumer’s Guide to Understanding Data
- Chapter 5: Data Authors: Skilled Designers of Data Presentations
- Chapter 6: The Data Fluent Culture
- Chapter 7: The Data Product Ecosystem
Chapter 8: The Journey to Data Fluency
- Why Data Fluency?
- Data Consumers: Creating a Sophisticated Audience
- Data Product Producers: The Skills to Enable Effective Data Communication
- Data Fluent Culture: Building a Shared Understanding of Data
- Data Product Ecosystem: Tools and Processes to Facilitate the Fluid Exchange of Information
- Begin the Journey
- Feature: The Data Fluency Inventory
- Appendix A: Designing Data Products
- Appendix B: Style Guide
- About the Authors
- End-User License Agreement
- Title: Data Fluency: Empowering Your Organization with Effective Data Communication
- Release date: November 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118851012