Part One—The HOW of the SAS Hash Object
The goal of Part One is to describe the hash object essentials, data operations, and tools to implement them along with the concepts essential to using the SAS hash object, in particular:
● Hash object and table essentials.
● The standard general table operations commonly known as CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete).
● The implementation of these operations with the hash object tools.
● Data exchange between the hash table and program data vector (PDV) host variables.
● Compile time and run time aspects of the hash object behavior.
The hash object tools support two categories of standard data table operations: table-level and item-level. The item-level operations are much more numerous and ...