Appendixes AAnswers to Self Tests
Chapter 1: Introduction to Data Modeling
1. A ____________ describes how the data in an information system is represented and accessed.
2. The physical layer of the ANSI/SPARC model contains ____________.
3. An entity that represents a specialization of another entity is called a ____________.
4. A ____________ model is a data model tailored to a particular type of database management system such as relational, object-relational, object-oriented, hierarchical, or network.
5. A ____________ model is a high-level model that captures data and relationship concepts in a technology-independent manner.
6. A ____________ model is a data model that is tailored to the features ...