CHAPTER 4: WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS?
The DPA provides individuals with some important rights. These are:
• the right of subject access;
• the right to object to direct marketing;
• the right to object to processing in some circumstances;
• the right to object to automated decision making;
• the right to rectification of inaccurate data; and
• the right to compensation.
In addition, under the PECR, data subjects can decide to register on the Telephone Preference Service (TPS).11
If a data subject makes a written application to a data controller, he or she is entitled to be told whether the controller has any personal data about that individual; and if so, to receive a description of the information held and an explanation ...