The world’s leading nations are standing at the precipice of the next great manufacturing revolution—one in which the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and big data analytics are already making a major impact. In this O’Reilly report, author Li Ping Chu shares insight from industry experts and explores recent manufacturing initiatives in China, Germany, and the US to provide a succinct, hype-free overview of related technologies and applications.
You’ll learn what government groups are doing to promote the Industrial Internet, the technologies that are the backbone of this digital revolution, and the challenges companies whose projects are based on networked machines must consider.
- Learn how IIoT technology is revolutionizing the way manufacturing gathers and processes data
- Examine the Industrial Internet Consortium’s mission to identify, assemble, and promote best practices
- Delve into Germany’s Industrie 4.0 IIoT platform and China’s government initiative Made in China 2025
- Explore IIoT approaches to using technology such as Hadoop and Spark, AWS Cloud Services, GE Predix, and Siemens Sinalytics
- Learn about other technologies that will shape industry, including: autonomous robots, simulation, additive manufacturing, and augmented reality
Table of Contents
Data Science for Modern Manufacturing
- Industrial Internet
- (Industrial) Internet of Things
- Big Data and Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Autonomous Robots, Augmented Reality, and More
- Title: Data Science for Modern Manufacturing
- Release date: July 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491958964