In this Data Visualization Basics with Python training course, expert author Randy Olson will teach you how to create effective data visualizations in Python. This course is designed for users that already have some experience with programming in Python.
You will start by learning about the basics of data visualization, including types of charts, common pitfalls and good practices in data visualization, and data sources. Finally, Randy will teach you about matplotlib, including how to use matplotlib in the Jupyter Notebook, matplotlib styles, and subplots and small multiples.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned a number of tips, tricks, and best practices for creating effecting data visualizations in Python. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
The Basics Of Data Visualization
- Storytelling - What Story Do You Want To Tell? 00:03:18
- Types Of Charts - Their Purposes And How To Choose The Right One 00:06:22
- Choosing The Right Colors 00:04:00
- Common Pitfalls In Data Visualization 00:04:01
- Good Practices In Data Visualization 00:01:59
- Reproducibility In Data Visualization 00:02:41
- Data Sources 00:02:28
- Data Vis In Python - matplotlib
- Wrap Up 00:01:36
- Title: Data Visualization Basics with Python
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771375573