It takes years of experience to accumulate knowledge of the different graphs and plots. This knowledge and visualizing experiences are packed in modular form; be a part of it.
About This Video
- Learn basic methods of data visualization, variations, and customizations of visualization methods
- Gain experience of different data visualization techniques and how to apply them
- Implement code files along with bite-sized videos in a modular and easy-to-use approach
Visualizing and graphing data is vital in modern data analytics. Whether you are a data scientist, student of quantitative methods, or a business user, having an understanding of how to visualize data is an important aspect of getting data information across to other stakeholders. Many ways of visualizing data have been devised and some are better than others. However, each method has advantages and disadvantages, and having a solid understanding of what visualization might be best suited is key to delivering a concise and sharp “data message”.
In this course, you will learn some of the most important data visualization methods. The author will also explain, without any equations or complex statistics, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each technique.
You will be shown how each graph can be created, modified, and customized in Stata throughout the course’s journey.
This course will help you learn and understand the basic methods of data visualization. You will also learn, in an easy manner, variations and customizations of basic visualization methods. You will gain experience with different data visualization techniques and how to apply them. After understanding the techniques, you will learn and code many Stata graphs. Finally, you will gain confidence in your ability to modify and create bespoke data visualizations in Stata.
By the end of this course, you will learn many different methods to visualize data and how to generate these yourself in Stata.
This course is ideally for Stata users, data analysts, data scientists, quantitative degree students, and quantitative business users that have a flair to explore this arena.
Economists, social scientists, political scientists, biostatisticians, and other disciplines will also benefit from this course.
Basic Stata knowledge along with some basic Stata coding (.do files, commands, varlists, and options) is an essential requirement to extract the most out of this course.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to the Course
Chapter 2 : Graphs for Single Continuous Variables
- Introduction to Continuous Data
- What is a Histogram?
- What is an Unequal Bin Histogram?
- Learn Stata - Histograms
- What is a Density Plot?
- How to Visualize Multiple Densities
- Learn Stata - Density plots
- What is a Ridgeline Plot?
- Learn Stata - Ridgeline Plots
- What are Cumulative Density Plots?
- Learn Stata - Cumulative density plots
- What is a Spike Plot?
- Learn Stata - Spike plots
- What is a Rootogram Plot?
- Learn Stata - Rootogram plots
- What is a Box Plot?
- Learn Stata - Box plots
- What is a Violin Plot?
- Learn Stata â Violin Plots
- What is a Stem-and-Leaf Plot?
- Learn Stata - Stem-and-Leaf Plots
- What is a Dot Plot?
- Learn Stata - Dot plots
- What is a Symmetry Plot?
- What is a Quantile-Uniform Plot?
- What is a Quantile-Normal Plot?
- What is a Quantile-Chi-Squared Plot?
- What is a Quantile-Quantile Plot?
- Learn Stata - Quantile plots
- Chapter 3 : Plots for Single Discrete Variables
Chapter 4 : Plots for Two Continuous Variables
- What is a Scatter Plot?
- Learn Stata - Scatter plots
- What is a Heat Plot?
- What is a Hex Plot?
- Learn Stata - Heat and Hex Plots
- What is a Sunflower Plot?
- Learn Stata - Sunflower plots
- What is a Polar Smoother Plot?
- Learn Stata - Polar Smoother Plots
- What is a Line of Best Fit?
- Learn Stata - Line of Best Fit Plots
- What is a Line Plot?
- Learn Stata - Line plots
- What is an Area Plot?
- Learn Stata - Area plots
- What is a Range Plot?
- Learn Stata - Range plots
- What is a Dropline Plot?
- Learn Stata - Dropline plots
- What is a Rainbow Plot?
- Learn Stata - Rainbow plots
- Chapter 5 : Plots for Two Discrete Variables
- Chapter 6 : Plots for Three or More Variables
- Title: Data Visualization in Stata
- Release date: March 2022
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803232300
You might also like
The Beginners 2022 Cyber Security Awareness Training Course
Learn about the several ways to prevent yourself from various kinds of hacks on the Internet. …
Advanced Statistics and Data Mining for Data Science
Your one stop solution to conquering the woes in Statistics, Data Mining, Data Analysis and Data …
Excel® VBA: 24-Hour Trainer
This unique book-and-DVD package helps even non-programmers extend Excel with VBA Virtually every manual task in …
Data Science for Business and Decision Making
Data Science for Business and Decision Making covers both statistics and operations research while most competing …