"Each chapter is... a practice run for the way we all ought to design our data marts and hence our data warehouses."-Ralph Kimball, from the Foreword.
Let the experts show you how to customize data warehouse designs for real business needs in Data Warehouse Design Solutions.
To effectively design a data warehouse, you have to understand its many business uses. This guidebook shows you how business managers in different corporate functions actually use data warehouses to make decisions. You'll get a rich set of data warehouse designs that flow from realistic business cases. Two top experts show you how to customize your data warehouse designs for real-life business needs including:
Sales and marketing
Production and inventory management
Budgeting and financial reporting
Product delivery and fulfillment
Strategic business analysis such as determining market share, rates of return on investment, and other key analytic ratios.
All sample data warehouse designs with accompanying preformatted reports in HTML for specific business uses such as marketing, sales, and financial analysis.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- 1: THE BUSINESS-DRIVEN DATA WAREHOUSE
- 2: SALES
- 3: MARKETING
- 4: FULFILLMENT
- 5: PRODUCTION
- 6: INVENTORY AND CAPACITY
- 7: QUALITY
- 8: BUDGETS AND SPENDING
- 9: FINANCIAL REPORTING
- 10: PROFITABILITY
- 11: KNOWLEDGE AND INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL
- 12: KEY MEASURES AND RATIOS
- 13: PRESENTING INFORMATION
- 14: BUILDING AN ENTERPRISE DATA WAREHOUSE
- 15: INTERVIEWING
- KEY BUSINESS TERMS
- USING THE CD-ROM
- CUSTOMER NOTE: IF THIS BOOK IS ACCOMPANIED BY SOFTWARE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE OPENING THE PACKAGE.
- Title: Data Warehouse Design Solutions
- Release date: June 1998
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780471251958