This chapter covers
- Installing Node.js and creating a project
- Creating a command-line application
- Creating a reusable code library
- Creating a simple web server with a REST API
- Reviewing a primer on asynchronous programming and promises
In this book we’ll use Node.js often, and this chapter will help you become productive with it. You’ll learn fundamentals of creating projects and applications with Node.js. We’ll only cover the basics, but we’ll cover enough for you to use Node.js for the rest of the book.