This chapter covers
- Understanding how having a fast feedback loop makes you more productive
- Prototyping to explore our data and develop our understanding
- Starting prototyping with Excel
- Continuing prototyping with Node.js and the browser
- Setting up a live reload coding pipeline, where code changes automatically flow through to data and visual output
In this chapter, we’ll use exploratory coding to delve into your data and build your knowledge and understanding. We’ll use a small example data set that’s easy to understand, but in the real world the need to explore and understand our data grows with larger and larger data sets.
This chapter is a microcosm of the data-wrangling process. We’ll move through acquisition, ...