This chapter covers
- Working with a real-time data feed
- Receiving data through HTTP POST and sockets
- Decoupling modules in your server with an event-based architecture
- Triggering SMS alerts and generating automated reports
- Sending new data to a live chart through socket.io
In this chapter we bring together multiple aspects of data wrangling that we’ve already learned and combine them into a real-time data pipeline. We’re going to build something that’s almost a real production system. It’s a data pipeline that will do all the usual things: acquire and store data (chapter 3), clean and transform the data (chapter 6), and, in addition, perform on-the-fly data analysis (chapter 9).
Output from the system will take several forms. ...