Chapter 17. The Archive Access Component
Unlike the extractor and discard components, the archive access component is not a single piece of software. Instead it's
a collection of services that allow those who need data from the archive to use it in a way that they require.
To review, the goals of the database archive relevant to accessing data are as follows:
- Become independent of the systems and applications that created the data
- Provide sufficient access support to satisfy all future needs directly from the archive
- Guarantee that the data you see on access is the same as it was in the operational systems
- Provide sufficient explanation of the data to ensure complete understanding
- Provide access in a reasonable amount of time
- Protect the data ...