C. Design Guidelines
Here, in alphabetical order, are the various sets of design guidelines that appear throughout the book.
Defining and Establishing Field-Specific Business Rules
1. Select a table.
2. Review each field and determine whether it requires any constraints.
3. Define the necessary business rules for the field.
4. Establish the rules by modifying the appropriate field specification elements.
5. Determine what actions test the rule.
6. Record the rule on a Business Rule Specifications sheet.
Defining and Establishing Relationship-Specific Business Rules
1. Select a relationship.
2. Review the relationship and determine whether it requires any constraints.
3. Define the necessary business rules for the relationship.
4. Establish the ...