Some developers thrash around aimlessly looking for a bug without concrete results. Others have the knack of unerringly zeroing in on the root cause of a bug. Are they geniuses? Just lucky? No, they've learned the secrets of professional debugging. This book will equip you with the tools, techniques and approaches-proven in the crucible of professional software development-to ensure that you can tackle any bug with confidence.
You'll learn how to handle every stage of the bug life-cycle, from constructing software that makes debugging easy, through detection, reproduction, diagnosis and rolling out your eventual fix.
Table of Contents
- For the Best Reading Experience...
- Table of Contents
- What Readers Are Saying About Debug It!
Part 1: The Heart of the Problem
- Chapter 1: A Method in the Madness
- Chapter 2: Reproduce
- Chapter 3: Diagnose
- Chapter 4: Fix
- Chapter 5: Reflect
- Part 2: The Bigger Picture
Part 3: Debug-Fu
- Chapter 8: Special Cases
- Chapter 9: The Ideal Debugging Environment
- Chapter 10: Teach Your Software to Debug Itself
- Chapter 11: Anti-patterns
- Appendix 1: Resources
- Title: Debug It!
- Release date: November 2009
- Publisher(s): Pragmatic Bookshelf
- ISBN: 9781934356289