It doesn't have to be this way. In Decide and Deliver, the authors draw on Bain & Company's extensive research to present a five-step process for improving your firm's decision effectiveness:
1. Assess your decision effectivenessand how your organization affects it.
2. Identify your critical decisions.
3. Set individual critical decisions up for success.
4. Ensure that your company enables and reinforces great decision making and execution.
5. Embed the changes in everyday practice.
Master this process, and you see immediate results: people across your organization collaborate to make crucial decisions better and faster than your rivals. And they execute them flawlessly-fueling unprecedented financial performance.
Filled with powerful hands-on tools and detailed examples from companies as varied as Ford Motor Company, British American Tobacco, Telstra, Lafarge, and ABB UK, Decide and Deliver helps you make decision management a potent competitive weapon in your company.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Decisions and Results
- Chapter 2: Score Your Organization’s Decision Abilities
- Chapter 3: Focus on the Decisions That Matter Most
- Chapter 4: Make Individual Decisions Work
- Chapter 5: Build an Organization That Can Decide and Deliver
- Chapter 6: Embed Decision Capabilities
- Appendix: The Research Behind: Decide & Deliver
- About the Authors
- Title: Decide and Deliver
- Release date: September 2010
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781422170885
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Modern Software Engineering: Doing What Works to Build Better Software Faster
Improve Your Creativity, Effectiveness, and Ultimately, Your Code In Modern Software Engineering, continuous delivery pioneer David …
The Design of Everyday Things
First, businesses discovered quality as a key competitive edge; next came science. Now, Donald A. Norman, …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …