Crunch Big Data to optimize marketing and more!
Overwhelmed by all the Big Data now available to you? Not sure what questions to ask or how to ask them? Using Microsoft Excel and proven decision analytics techniques, you can distill all that data into manageable sets—and use them to optimize a wide variety of business and investment decisions. In Decision Analytics: Microsoft Excel, best selling statistics expert and consultant Conrad Carlberg will show you how—hands-on and step-by-step.
Carlberg guides you through using decision analytics to segment customers (or anything else) into sensible and actionable groups and clusters. Next, you’ll learn practical ways to optimize a wide spectrum of decisions in business and beyond—from pricing to cross-selling, hiring to investments—even facial recognition software uses the techniques discussed in this book!
Through realistic examples, Carlberg helps you understand the techniques and assumptions that underlie decision analytics and use simple Excel charts to intuitively grasp the results. With this foundation in place, you can perform your own analyses in Excel and work with results produced by advanced stats packages such as SAS and SPSS.
This book comes with an extensive collection of downloadable Excel workbooks you can easily adapt to your own unique requirements, plus VBA code to streamline several of its most complex techniques.
Classify data according to existing categories or naturally occurring clusters of predictor variables
Cut massive numbers of variables and records down to size, so you can get the answers you really need
Utilize cluster analysis to find patterns of similarity for market research and many other applications
Learn how multiple discriminant analysis helps you classify cases
Use MANOVA to decide whether groups differ on multivariate centroids
Use principal components to explore data, find patterns, and identify latent factors
Register your book for access to all sample workbooks, updates, and corrections as they become available at quepublishing.com/title/9780789751683.
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. Components of Decision Analytics
- 2. Logistic Regression
- 3. Univariate Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- 4. Multivariate Analysis of Variance (MANOVA)
- 5. Discriminant Function Analysis: The Basics
- 6. Discriminant Function Analysis: Further Issues
7. Principal Components Analysis
- Establishing a Conceptual Framework for Principal Components Analysis
- Using the Principal Components Add-In
- Counting Eigenvalues, Calculating Coefficients and Understanding Communalities
- Relationships Between the Individual Results
- Getting the Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Rotating Factors to a Meaningful Solution
- Classification Examples
- 8. Cluster Analysis: The Basics
- 9. Cluster Analysis: Further Issues
- Title: Decision Analytics: Microsoft® Excel®
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133490589