AVOID THE MISTAKES THAT OTHERS MAKE - LEARN WHAT LEADS TO BEST PRACTICE AND KICKSTART SUCCESS
This groundbreaking resource provides comprehensive coverage across all aspects of business analytics, presenting proven management guidelines to drive sustainable differentiation. Through a rich set of case studies, author Evan Stubbs reviews solutions and examples to over twenty common problems spanning managing analytics assets and information, leveraging technology, nurturing skills, and defining processes.
Delivering Business Analytics also outlines the Data Scientist's Code, fifteen principles that when followed ensure constant movement towards effective practice. Practical advice is offered for addressing various analytics issues; the advantages and disadvantages of each issue's solution; and how these solutions can optimally create organizational value.
With an emphasis on real-world examples and pragmatic advice throughout, Delivering Business Analytics provides a reference guide on:
The economic principles behind how business analytics leads to competitive differentiation
The elements which define best practice
The Data Scientist's Code, fifteen management principles that when followed help teams move towards best practice
Practical solutions and frequent missteps to twenty-four common problems across people and process, systems and assets, and data and decision-making
Drawing on the successes and failures of countless organizations, author Evan Stubbs provides a densely packed practical reference on how to increase the odds of success in designing business analytics systems and managing teams of data scientists.
Uncover what constitutes best practice in business analytics and start achieving it with Delivering Business Analytics.
Table of Contents
- Part One: Business Analytics Best Practices
Part Two: The Data Scientist’s Code
- Chapter 3: Designing the Approach
- Chapter 4: Creating Assets
- Chapter 5: Managing Information and Making Decisions
Part Three: Practical Solutions: People and Process
- Chapter 6: Driving Operational Outcomes
- Chapter 7: Analytical Process Management
- Part Four: Practical Solutions: Systems and Assets
Part Five: Practical Solutions: Data and Decision Making
- Chapter 10: Information Management
- Chapter 11: Decision-Making Structures
- Appendix: The Cheat Sheets
- Further Reading
- About the Author
- Title: Delivering Business Analytics: Practical Guidelines for Best Practice
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118559444