Chapter 3. Implementation and setup 171
To install the DB2 pureScale feature using the command-line interface (CLII)
method, complete the following steps:
1. Log in as root on node101.
2. Go to the folder that contains the DB2 installer tar file. Extract the installer
files by running the following command:
tar -zxvf <DB2 10.1 pureScale feature installer tar file path>
3. Create the DB2 instance administrator group db2iadm1 and the DB2 fenced
group db2fadm1 by running the following commands:
– groupadd –g 999 db2iadm1
– groupadd –g 998 db2fadm1
4. Create the DB2 instance user db2sdin1 and DB2 fenced user db2sdfe1 by
running the following commands:
– useradd –u 1004 –g db2iadm1 –m –d /home/db2sdin1 db2sdin1
– useradd –u 1003 –g db2fadm1 –m –d /home/db2sdfe1 db2sdfe1
5. Go to the folder that was extracted, and run the following the command to
install the DB2 pureScale feature on the installation-initiating host:
db2_install –t /tmp/db2_install.trc –l /tmp/db2_install.log
This command installs the DB2 database with the DB2 pureScale feature to
the /opt/ibm/db2/V10.1/ default directory. Add the -b <DB2DIR> parameter
to the db2_install command to change the installation directory. The
installation directory must be the same on all hosts in your cluster.
In the command, the -t parameter specifies the full path of the installation
trace file. The -l parameter specifies the full path to the installation log file.
Although both parameters are optional, the installation trace and log files can
help DB2 diagnose installation problems in the unlikely event that they occur.
6. Run the /usr/local/bin/db2ls command to verify the installation.
Use the following syntax to create a DB2 instance with one DB2 member and
one CF on the installation-initiating host:
db2icrt –d –m <member_hostname> -mnet <member_netname> –cf
<cf_hostname> -cfnet <cf_netname> –instance_shared_dev <disk name>
-tbdev <tb disk name> -u <DB2 fence user name> <DB2 instance user