2Principles of Knock Your Socks Off Service
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the five factors that influence customers’ perceptions of service quality.
• Assess how often you use behaviors associated with each factor.
• Set goals for improving your use of each factor.
• Describe three distinct parts of the Service Promise.
• Use empathy statements when communicating with customers.
• Avoid committing the ten deadly sins of customer service.
Customers perceive service in their own unique, idiosyncratic, emotional, irrational, end-of-the-day, and totally human terms. Perception is all ...