Special Usages of TLS
In Chapter 9, Establishing TLS Connections and Sending Data over Them, we learned about the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol and how to establish TLS connections straightforwardly. In this chapter, we will learn about the advanced usage of TLS and special use cases.
We are going to cover the following topics in this chapter:
- Understanding TLS certificate pinning
- Using TLS certificate pinning
- Understanding blocking and non-blocking sockets
- Using TLS on non-blocking sockets
- Understanding TLS on non-standard sockets
- Using TLS on non-standard sockets
This chapter will contain commands that you can run on a command line and C source code that you can build and run. For the command- line commands, ...