Chapter 1. Appreciating Node
At the time of writing this book, Node is approaching its fifth year of existence, and its usage has grown in each of those five years. The opportunity for Node to fail has come, and passed. Node is a serious technology built by a highly skilled core team and very active community focused on constantly improving its speed, security, and usefulness.
Every day, developers face some of the problems that NodeJS aims to solve. Some of them are as follows:
- Scaling networked applications beyond a single server
- Preventing I/O bottlenecks (database, file, and network access)
- Monitoring system usage and performance
- Testing the integrity of system components
- Managing concurrency safely and reliably
- Pushing code changes and bug fixes ...