About the CD-ROM
This appendix provides you with information on the contents of the CD that accompanies this book. For the latest and greatest information, please refer to the ReadMe file located at the root of the CD.
- A computer with an Intel Pentium processor running at 233 MHz or faster (Intel Pentium III recommended)
- 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or greater
- Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later
- Microsoft Excel 2003
- A CD-ROM drive
NOTE: Older versions of Microsoft Excel may also work, but are not guaranteed. Many popular spreadsheet programs are capable of reading Microsoft Excel files. However, users should be aware that a slight amount of formatting might be lost when using a program other than Microsoft Word.
USING THE CD WITH WINDOWS
To install the items from the CD to your hard drive, follow these steps:
- Insert the CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive.
- The CD-ROM interface will appear. The interface provides a simple point-and-click way to explore the contents of the CD.
If the opening screen of the CD-ROM does not appear automatically, follow these steps to access the CD:
- Click the Start button on the left end of the taskbar and then choose Run from the menu that pops up.
- In the dialog box that appears, type d:\setup.exe. (If your CD-ROM drive is not drive d, fill in the appropriate letter in place of d.) This brings up the CD Interface described in the preceding set of steps.
WHAT'S ON THE CD
The CD contains ...