After reading this chapter, you should understand:
- How to design correct programs using proof rules
- The importance of pre- and post-conditions in arguing about programs
- How to select appropriate program statement types based on proof rules
- The correct design of program Loops using proof rules
- The implications of strict, ordinary and complete pre-conditions
In a room full of top software designers, if any two of them agree, that’s a majority.
Computers do not solve problems, they execute solutions.