Natural Algorithms — GA, SA, ANN, TS
After reading this chapter, you should understand:
- Why do we need Natural Algorithms—Where traditional algorithm design strategies fail
- Mutation and its significance
- Working of a Genetic Algorithm—Why they work, how do they differ from random search
- Simulated Annealing—Principles and applicability
- Artificial Neural Networks—Similarities and differences with Human Brain
- Artificial Neural Networks—Types, principles and applicability
Any sufficient advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
—Arthur C. Clarke
No, I’m not interested in developing a powerful brain. All I’m after is just a mediocre brain, something like the President of the American Telephone and Telegraph ...