Chapter 4. Motivation, ability, and trigger—boom!
This chapter covers
- Understanding the principle of motivation, ability, and trigger
- Ensuring your design accommodates this principle
- Identifying opportunities to design for motivation, ability, and trigger
- Discussing designing for motivation, ability, and trigger with others
- Applying the principle in digital design contexts
Jonathan has just received a job in a different country. He’s excited for the opportunity and knows it’ll be beneficial to learn a new language. He uses the internet to research the opportunities to take a class in the local community college, do a distance-learning program delivered online, or download a language-learning application that’s compatible with his tablet ...