I will continue our study of design patterns with the Adapter pattern. The Adapter pattern is a very common pattern, and, as you will see, it is used with many other patterns.
• Explains what the Adapter pattern is, where it is used, and how it is implemented.
• Presents the key features of the pattern.
• Uses the pattern to illustrate polymorphism.
• Illustrates how the UML can be used at different levels of detail.
• Presents some observations on the Adapter pattern from my own practice, including a comparison of the Adapter pattern and the Facade pattern.
• Relates the Adapter pattern to the CAD/CAM problem.