This book has been an introduction—an introduction to design patterns, object orientation, and to a more powerful way to design computer systems. Hopefully, it has given you some tools to get started in this rich and rewarding way of thinking.
Where should you turn next in your study? I conclude this book with an annotated list of my current recommendations.
• Gives the address of the Web site companion for this book.
• Offers my recommendations for
– Further reading in design patterns.
– Java developers.
– C++ developers.
– COBOL programmers who want to learn object orientation.
– Learning the powerful development methodology called XP (eXtreme Programming).
• Concludes with ...