Start With the Business Perspective
In This Chapter:
• How to respond to an initial request and inquire about challenges
• Getting to useful descriptions of a problem or opportunity
• Who has a stake in solving the problem?
• The importance of agreeing what success looks like
Typically, those who design and develop a training or performance development solution do it in response to a request. Some common situations that trigger a request for training are:
• A major change: change in roles, structures, or processes being the most common. As part of the change rollout, people need communication about and training on the new process, roles, structure, ...