With digital content published across more channels than ever before, how can you make yours easy to find, use, and share? Is your content ready for the next wave of content platforms and devices?
In Designing Connected Content, Mike Atherton and Carrie Hane share an end-to-end process for building a structured content framework. They show you how to research and model your subject area based on a shared understanding of the important concepts, and how to plan and design interfaces for mobile, desktop, voice, and beyond. You will learn to reuse and remix your valuable content assets to meet the needs of today and the opportunities of tomorrow.
Discover a design method that starts with content, not pixels. Master the interplay of content strategy, content design, and content management as you bring your product team closer together and encourage them to think content first.
Learn how to
- Model your content and its underlying subject domain
- Design digital products that scale without getting messy
- Bring a cross-functional team together to create content that can be efficiently managed and effectively delivered
- Create a framework for tackling content overload, a multitude of devices, constantly changing design trends, and siloed content creation
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Let’s Get Connected
- 1 Designing From the Bottom Up
- 2 Why We Need a New Way of Approaching Digital Content
- 3 Understanding Structured Content
- 4 Researching the Subject Domain
5 Creating a Domain Model
- How Do We Make the Connections?
- Connecting Concepts
- Forming Meaningful Relationships
- Breaking Down a Model
- Modeling Is Teamwork
- Using the Sticky Note Method
- Agreeing on Your Domain
- Finding a Ubiquitous Language
- Establishing Cardinality
- Knowing When to Stop
- Bringing In Experts
- Who Uses the Model?
- More Examples
- Modeling for the Future
- 6 Translating to a Content Model
- 7 Designing Connected Content
- 8 Implementing Connected Content
- 9 Bringing Your Content to Life
- The Future
- Code Snippets
- Title: Designing Connected Content: Plan and Model Digital Products for Today and Tomorrow, First Edition
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780134764061