The best UX designers always design for conversion, that artfully analytical process by which a first time visitor to a site/app enjoys the visit and then becomes happily addicted to the site/app. In this course (part 5 of her five part series), UX strategy maven Jaime Levy guides you on a path toward successful conversion design. She shows you how potent UX strategies uses analytics to optimize UX design; demonstrates the use of the Funnel Matrix Tool and its different stages of customer acquisition; details the benefits of using customer landing page experiments in conversion strategies; and discusses the metrics that prove whether or not a customer is progressing into deeper engagement.
- Master what conversion means for UX designers and why they must optimize their products
- Discover the Funnel Matrix Tool and the six stages of customer engagement
- Learn about online conversion actions that turn 1st time customers into repeat customers
- Explore the use of customer landing page experiments for testing value propositions
- Deconstruct a landing page experiment that yielded a 74% conversion rate
- Become adept at understanding the analytical metrics used in e-commerce
Jaime Levy is a UX strategist and designer with 25+ years of professional experience making things profitably interactive for clients like Cisco Systems, Honda, and Sony. She runs Los Angeles based UX strategy company JLR Interactive; teaches UX strategy and design at the University of Southern California; authored the O'Reilly title UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want; and has an extremely interesting bio on Wikipedia.
Table of contents
- Overview of Designing for Conversion
- Rocking the Funnel Matrix
- Conducting Landing Page Experiments
- Title: Designing for Conversion
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491967263
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Principles and Benefits of UX Strategy
This course is part one of user experience (UX) pro Jaime Levy’s five part series on …
Web Application Security
While many resources for network and IT security are available, detailed knowledge regarding modern web application …
OSCON Amsterdam 2015: Video Compilation
The power of open source—in Europe and beyond Get insights and strategies for the best use …