The best UX designers always design for conversion, that artfully analytical process by which a first time visitor to a site/app enjoys the visit and then becomes happily addicted to the site/app. In this course (part 5 of her five part series), UX strategy maven Jaime Levy guides you on a path toward successful conversion design. She shows you how potent UX strategies uses analytics to optimize UX design; demonstrates the use of the Funnel Matrix Tool and its different stages of customer acquisition; details the benefits of using customer landing page experiments in conversion strategies; and discusses the metrics that prove whether or not a customer is progressing into deeper engagement.
- Master what conversion means for UX designers and why they must optimize their products
- Discover the Funnel Matrix Tool and the six stages of customer engagement
- Learn about online conversion actions that turn 1st time customers into repeat customers
- Explore the use of customer landing page experiments for testing value propositions
- Deconstruct a landing page experiment that yielded a 74% conversion rate
- Become adept at understanding the analytical metrics used in e-commerce
Jaime Levy is a UX strategist and designer with 25+ years of professional experience making things profitably interactive for clients like Cisco Systems, Honda, and Sony. She runs Los Angeles based UX strategy company JLR Interactive; teaches UX strategy and design at the University of Southern California; authored the O'Reilly title UX Strategy: How to Devise Innovative Digital Products that People Want; and has an extremely interesting bio on Wikipedia.
Table of contents
- Overview of Designing for Conversion
- Rocking the Funnel Matrix
- Conducting Landing Page Experiments
- Title: Designing for Conversion
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491967263
You might also like
Escaping the Build Trap
To stay competitive in today’s market, organizations need to adopt a culture of customer-centric practices that …
Design Patterns in the Real World, an Analysis-Based Approach
Alan Holub takes coders deep into the reality of Gang-of-Four design patterns, those reusable guides to …
If you feel like your brain is "glitching," or working against you, know that you're not …
SwiftUI - The Complete iOS 16 Developers Resource and Bible
Do you want to learn the SwiftUI framework to build modern, stylish, and robust applications for …