1. What Is Interaction Design?
Every moment of every day, millions of people send e-mail, talk on mobile phones, instant message each other, record TV shows on digital video recorders (DVRs), and listen to music on MP3 players. All of these things are made possible by good engineering. But it’s interaction design that makes them usable, useful, and fun.
You benefit from good interaction design every time you:
• Go to an automatic teller machine (ATM) and withdraw cash with a few simple touches on a screen.
• Become engrossed in a computer game.
• Cut and paste cells on a spreadsheet.
• Buy something online.
• Twitter from your mobile ...