Babies and toddlers are learning the basics—how to walk, talk, and interact with the world. Games for babies and toddlers should support their innate love of exploration and encourage caregiver-child interactions.
This chapter discusses the developmental milestones of children up to age 2, including:
- An overview of their cognitive development
- Learning styles
- Language and communication skills
- Mathematical thinking
- Social and emotional development
- Motor skill development
- Abilities related to music and creative arts
- Developmentally appropriate games for this age
Figure 9.1 Image used with the permission ...