Learn to Create Effective Microlearning
Microlearning is an essential tool that talent development professionals can use to fully engage their learners and tackle organizational performance needs. How do you know if the microlearning approach is successful? And what works?
In Designing Microlearning, the newest volume in ATD’s What Works in Talent Development series, experts Carla Torgerson and Sue Iannone answer these and other questions including:
- Why choose microlearning for your learners and organization?
- How do you determine your approach and then execute the implementation?
- How do you demonstrate success?
- Where do you go once you’ve started?
This guide for practitioners covers the four main uses for microlearning: preparation before a learning event, follow-up to support a learning event, stand-alone training, and performance support. It introduces MILE, the MIcroLEarning Design model, which outlines the details of creating a microlearning resource or program. Discover how to identify performance objectives; determine program technology and structure; create or select resources; promote what you designed; and monitor, modify, and evaluate it.
Included are case studies, tips, and resources, as well as more than 20 job aids, checklists, and worksheets. Samples consist of:
- an assessment of your organization’s readiness and compatibility for microlearning
- a worksheet to guide the design of your microlearning
- a tool for aligning your microlearning measurement and evaluation efforts
- a communication plan for sharing key information with learners, managers, and stakeholders.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the Series
- 1 Getting Started: What Is Microlearning and Where Does It Fit?
- 2 Shaping the Future: Why Choose Microlearning?
- 3 Designing Your Microlearning Program: How Do You Start?
- 4 Implementing the Plan: How Do You Execute an Effective Microlearning Resource or Program?
- 5 Transferring Learning and Evaluating Results: How Do You Demonstrate Success?
- 6 Planning Next Steps: Where Do You Go From Here?
- About the Authors
- Back Cover
- Title: Designing Microlearning
- Release date: December 2019
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781950496129
You might also like
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …
e-Learning and the Science of Instruction
The essential e-learning design manual, updated with the latest research, design principles, and examples e-Learning and …
Design for How People Learn, Second Edition
Products, technologies, and workplaces change so quickly today that everyone is continually learning. Many of us …
Rapid Instructional Design: Learning ID Fast and Right, 3rd Edition
The classic guide to instructional design, fully updated for the new ways we learn Rapid Instructional …