Chapter 8. Performance, Availability, Monitoring, and Metering
When you have your service developed and available on the cloud, you need to monitor it to avoid problems. In particular, you need to make sure that it is performing well and stays up. One of the main differences in performance, availability, and monitoring in cloud computing is the evolving role of the developer, which currently demands more involvement in the overall system lifecycle. However, other differences also arise compared to traditional systems:
• Virtual nature of all system resources
• Relatively constrained set of choices for compute resources
• Dynamic capability to add more resources
• Greater dependence on the network
• The dynamic nature with which resources can ...